Sampling and on-site testing
For many organisations, protection of the environment is a crucial component of their social responsibility. We at SAS Laboratory have the capability to provide field measurements, sampling and data management for waters, wastewaters and environmental waters to ensure that you have the information you need to make critical decisions.
Engaging our National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited Environmental Monitoring Team for your sampling requirements assures the integrity of samples and data from on-site sampling through sample transport to laboratory analysis. The team can safely access a wide variety of sampling locations throughout South East Queensland using a fleet of well-equipped 4WD vehicles and watercraft.
We utilise a range of sophisticated field instrumentation and sampling equipment including:
- YSI multi-parameter analysers for in-situ measurement of pH, conductivity, salinity, dissolved oxygen (mg/L and % saturation), temperature, redox potential and turbidity
- YSI 6820-V2 multi-parameter analyser for diurnal in-situ monitoring
- Hach auto-samplers for discrete or composite sampling over defined time periods
- Petite Ponar depth samplers, and
- Bennett pump for groundwater sampling of bores up to 70 metres deep.
Our sampling protocols are based on:
- AS/NZS 5667.1-1998 Water Quality Sampling
- Monitoring and Sampling Manual 2009 - Environmental Protection (Water) Policy 2009.